Introduction
Renowned comedian and actress Rosie O'Donnell has recently relocated to Ireland with her 12-year-old child, Clay. This significant move reflects her desire for a supportive environment and stems from concerns about the current political climate in the United States.
Details of the Move
O'Donnell's relocation to Ireland took place on January 15, 2025. In a TikTok video, she shared, "Although I was never someone who thought I would move to another country, that's what I decided would be the best for myself and my 12-year-old child." She expressed appreciation for the warm reception in Ireland, stating, "It's been pretty wonderful, I have to say. The people are so loving and so kind, so welcoming. And I'm very grateful."
Pursuit of Irish Citizenship
O'Donnell is actively pursuing Irish citizenship, leveraging her ancestral ties, as her grandparents hailed from Ireland. She mentioned, "I'm in the process of getting my Irish citizenship because my grandparents are from here."
Reflections on the United States
Despite her positive experiences in Ireland, O'Donnell acknowledges missing aspects of her life in the United States, including her other children and friends. She conveyed her concerns about the political landscape in the U.S., stating, "When it is safe for all citizens to have equal rights there in America, that's when we will consider coming back."
Conclusion
Rosie O'Donnell's move to Ireland underscores her commitment to providing a nurturing environment for her child and her stance on social and political issues. Her decision highlights the impact of political climates on personal choices and the pursuit of environments that align with one's values.

0 Comments